Quality & Compliance Specialist
STARR HILL IS ONE OF VIRGINIA’S OLDEST AND LARGEST INDEPENDENT CRAFT BREWERIES. STARR HILL’S PRODUCTION FACILITY IS IN CROZET, VA, JUST 14 MILES WEST OF CHARLOTTESVILLE, NESTLED AT THE BASE OF SHENANDOAH NATIONAL PARK AND THE BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAINS. ACCESS TO NATIONAL PARKS, TRAILS AND RIVERS IS EXCELLENT.
Starr Hill is seeking a qualified and motivated person to join our team in the position of Quality and Compliance Specialist. The Quality and Compliance Specialist will be primarily focused in the lab but will also lead the production compliance and safety programs. The best candidates will express a can-do attitude with a team first mentality. The Quality and Compliance Specialist will report directly to the Manager of Brewery Operations. Experience with safety and compliance training is preferred.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Tank Readings – Gravities, Temperatures, Pressures, pH
- Yeast Management
- Cell Counts using Cell Counter
- Yeast Planning
- ABV Measurements
- IBU/Color Analysis
- Develop and execute PCR program
- General Lab Cleanliness and organization
- Quality Checks on Packaged beer – O2, CO2, color, ABV etc
- Complete, maintain, and analyze laboratory data and report findings
- Packaging Quality management
- Sensory Panel Participation and Setup
- Good Manufacturing Practice refinement and training
- Servsafe Practice refinement and training
- Lead OSHA compliance training and documentation
- A degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology, food science or related field
- An interest in beer
- Strict attention to detail
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be able to work independently
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Must be able to use and manipulate fine tools and delicate instrumentation.
- Must be able to stand or move for an entire 8-hour shift.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 55 pounds
Starr Hill Brewery offers competitive compensation and additional benefits including company sponsored healthcare plan with dental and vision, paid time off, 401k with company matching, paid holidays and, of course, free beer! Starr Hill is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates can apply by emailing their resume and employment application with the subject line “Quality & Compliance Specialist”.