Founded in 1996 by Nick Floyd, 3 Floyds Brewing is an internationally recognized and award-winning craft brewery based in Munster, Indiana. With a passionate and devoted crew and loyal and rabid fan-base, we continue to craft some of the most sought-after beers in the universe, with an approach to brewing that continues to be innovative, unapologetic, and as always, “not normal.”
- Learn, understand, and execute packaging operations according to standard operating procedures.
- Operate packaging equipment including pack-on conveyor, case packer, depalletizer, palletizer, keg flipping and hoisting equipment, labeler, and other necessary packaging equipment.
- Perform loading and unloading of bottling, canning, and kegging components from packaging and canning/bottling lines.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems within the packaging line.
- Work in tandem with Packaging Leads, Packaging Manager, Warehouse team, and QC & QA.
- Operate machinery following all safety guidelines in an efficient manner.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to brewery standards.
- Keep the packaging areas and workspaces clean and organized.
- Assist as needed in all other parts of the brewery. (Team Player)
- Perform basic maintenance on machinery to ensure it is functioning safely, properly, and efficiently. Communicate all mechanical issues to maintenance department.
- Communicate the department’s materials needs to ensure the production schedule is executable.
- Maintain packaging tools and materials by storing safely, neatly and in an organized fashion.
- Ensure finished product is safely and neatly stored in the cooler and logged in accurately each day.
- Complete all paperwork associated with each duty with 100% accuracy.
- Assist co-workers and cross train in other departments to ensure brewery goals are accomplished.
- Ability to operate forklifts and move finished products and materials through the facility as directed.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a manufacturing setting.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail.
- Positive attitude with an ongoing sense of urgency.
- Forklift skills a plus.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proven ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Advanced mathematical and reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong overall understanding of safety procedures, regulations, and requirements.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The Production Area is comprised of two separate specialized teams: Brewing Staff and Packaging Staff. The two teams are interdependent on each other for the production, packaging, and preparation of distribution of our beer. The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
The following are the PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS necessary to perform this job successfully. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions, and to complete daily paperwork in English.
The WORK ENVIRONMENT characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of a brewery & surrounding grounds.
- The employees are expected to maintain the work area to be as clean as possible, therefore must be able to work in a sterile environment.
- Must be willing to work in an environment of varying temperature extremes.
- The noise level in certain parts of the brewery is occasionally loud (80+ dB), therefore employees are required to wear ear protection while equipment is in operation.
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, flame, hot water, and steam.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
- The employee works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee must wear safety eye goggles at all times when in the Production/Brewery/Packaging Areas.