Warehouse Associate - Second Shift
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join one of the USA’s most rapidly growing facilities. We offer tremendous learning and growth opportunities in a state-of-the-art facility producing a full range of ale, lager, barrel aged, and sour beer. Two Roads is located in the coastal New England town of Stratford, CT mid-way between New York City and Boston. The Warehouse Associate will perform critical tasks that support production, shipping/receiving and warehouse organization at the brewery using a propane-powered forklift. Additionally, the WA will be responsible for the general cleanliness and upkeep of the facility grounds to ensure internal standards are maintained. Working hours will generally fall between 2pm-10:30pm M-F, with additional hours on the weekend during the peak production months.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safe and efficient operation of sit-down forklift throughout the facility
- Load & unload trucks at our full-service dock, focusing on safety, accuracy and efficiency
- Adequately wrap palletized finished goods received from production using stretch wrapper to ensure product quality a safety downstream in the supply chain
- Store finished goods received from production in appropriate storage locations and conditions
- Maintain organization of all storage locations, utilizing and updating internal tracking mechanisms
- Focus on "First-in, First-out" inventory rotation method across all areas
- Pick and stage materials for use in production in an efficient and timely manner to avoid downtime
- Pre-pick and stage upcoming outbound shipments
- Perform daily clean up of designated facility areas to maintain internal quality standards
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- 1+ year warehouse experience in a manufacturing environment
- Forklift certified with at least 1 year of experience with a gas-powered fork lift
- Detail oriented & takes pride in every task
- Takes ownership and initiative, proactive mentality and approach
- Leads by example
- Attitude: Positive, team oriented and results driven with a good sense of humor
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Valid driver’s license w/ reliable transportation
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Will be responsible for using various machinery, tools, and PPE
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights, and/or weekends
While performing the duties of this position, the Warehouse Associate is exposed to inside and outside environmental conditions, including but not limited to; extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, loud regular noise, extreme heights, and moving machinery.
Machinery, Tools, Equipment, and PPE
Electric Pallet Jack, Mechanical Pallet Jack, Mechanical Tote Lift, Fork Lift, Pocket Knife/Box Cutter, DIN Spanner Wrench, Assorted Wrenches and Screw Drivers, Rubber Mallet, Safety Glasses, Safety-toe, slip-resistant boots, dust mask/respirator, chemical/heat resistant gloves, face shield, bump cap.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact HR@tworoadsbrewing.com to discuss your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.