Brewer - Overnight Shift
Job Summary: The position of Brewer is a regular full-time, hourly position that represents a multi-skilled brewing position responsible for assisting in the production of craft beer. The qualified employee must possess a minimum of the following listed skills, knowledge and experience. The functions of a Brewer will be performed under little or no supervision in a timely manner and with acceptable quality. The incumbent will report directly to the Brewing Supervisor.
As a condition of employment, this position will work a dedicated evening shift from 12 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and that may include weekends & holidays.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow all safety procedures and adhere to all company policies and procedures, including the safe operation of equipment, and help to maintain a safe, clean work environment that includes general housekeeping duties.
- Ability to accurately follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) and understanding of specific beer process terminologies.
- Routine analytical lab work/in-process checks, and regular engagement/coordination with the Quality Assurance team.
- Operates brewing equipment efficiently, accurately and safely to produce quality beer, according to procedures (SOPs), set parameters and production plans.
- Understanding of Brewing, Cellaring, and Filtration processes along with an understanding of CIP, sanitation and sterilization techniques.
- Produces quality wort according to SOPs including, but not limited to, target gravity, IBU, color and volume.
- Perform daily job duties including, but not limited to: CIP, malt milling, operating brew house, wort transfers, yeast pitching, fermentation monitoring, filtration, general cleaning, beer tasting.
- Operate both manual and computer automated equipment while maintaining quality standards. Operate forklifts and other operating equipment as trained and directed.
- Monitoring of individual batches and fermentation of individual tanks of beer, records batch performance and raw material quality & performance.
- Comfortable working with chemicals of varying composition and maintaining adherence to safety standards at all times during routine cleaning of brewing equipment.
- Must be able to work hands on at assisting and or leading each unit of operation as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
2-year degree in Brewing, Chemistry, Microbiology, Fermentation Science, Biology or similar Brewing-based degree program. (Or) completion of a high school diploma with 1-2 years experience in a similar job or other work history.
Must be self-motivated, have excellent written skills, verbal communication and be a minimum of 21 years of age. Candidate must be able to work under stressful situations unique to the manufacturing/production environment of a fast-paced brewery.
Applicants, without an accommodation, must have the ability to frequently reach, twist, stoop, bend, crouch, stand and walk for 12-hour shifts. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and maneuver raw materials around the warehouse on both carts and pallet jacks.
As a condition of employment, this position involves working rotating shifts, that includes nights and weekends, and applicants must be able to do so without an accommodation.
Applicants must be able to wear personal protective equipment and work in varying weather conditions that includes humidity and seasonal temperature changes.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is a craft beer brewery located in Athens, Georgia dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation, sick leave and Parental Leave, 401(k) plan with a Company match and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Terrapin Beer Company. LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
*This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. *