Talent Acquisition Specialist - PT
Job Summary: The Talent Acquisition Specialist is a regular part-time, hourly position responsible for assisting with talent acquisition, on-boarding and select Human Resources administrative processes at Terrapin Beer Company. The incumbent will report directly to the Vice President - Human Resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with hiring managers to understand key knowledge, skills and experience needed for open positions.
- Monitor the ongoing status of open positions in the applicant tracking system, Paycom, and ensure dispositions and records of candidates are properly maintained in system.
- Proactively screen resumes selecting suitable applicants to review, conduct preliminary phone interviews with and then submit selected applicants to hiring managers for review and to potentially schedule for further interviews.
- Plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls and in-person interviews.
- Prepare offer letters and arrange pre-employment screenings, including lab testing and background screening. Process offered applicants through background check and pre-hire screening processes.
- Manage a high volume of interviews for open positions supporting 24/7 manufacturing positions.
- Promote the Company employer brand to candidates and external service providers.
- Facilitates or directly provides new hire orientation, and ongoing training courses, to the workforce.
- Responsible for compiling and preparing select bi-weekly payroll data in preparation for payroll processing.
- Updates or processes HRIS records by entering terminations, changes in job title, benefits, changes in compensation, garnishments, department transfers, etc.
- Provide administrative support for Office 365 and HRIS system inquiries.
- Respond to employee inquires in a prompt and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem Solving - the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service - the individual manages difficult customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Planning/Organizing - the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality Control - the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity - meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability - the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability - the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety & Security - the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
Completion of 2-year degree program in either Human Resources Management, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, General Business, Management with 1 year experience (or) current enrollment in a similar degree program with 1-2 years of experience.
Must be self-motivated, have excellent written skills, verbal communication, and strong leadership skills. This position also requires excellent time management skills as well as very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Must be able to work 8-10 hours shifts and be able to work varying shifts dependent on operational business needs of the brewery.
Candidates must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel and Word.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgement in regard to policies & procedures is required.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is a craft beer brewery located in Athens, Georgia dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation, sick leave and Parental Leave, 401(k) plan with a Company match and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. *