Head Brewer – Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
Buckhead and Dunwoody - Atlanta, GA
Starting Base Salary – $50,000 - $60,000 per year
Voted TOP WORKPLACE, 12 years running!
Recognized for our contributions to charity!
The Head Brewer is ultimately responsible for all aspects of the Brewery Department at their assigned Iron Hill Brewery location and is a Department Head in the location. They directly oversee the execution of the department deliverables in operations. The Head Brewer is responsible for executing the deliverables as they relate to Products, People and Profits. They work closely in a support staff role with the management and staff of the restaurant to ensure success of the beer aspect of the Iron Hill Brewery brand. In addition, they may be responsible for the training of a brewer if one is in the location.
- The ability to execute the standard procedures necessary for the production of quality beer.
- The ability to follow the standard procedures for operations to ensure quality beer.
- The ability to follow the standard procedures and tasks for keeping the brewery clean and ensuring the production of quality beer.
- The ability to organize and execute one’s daily and weekly workload as assigned by brewery supervisor.
- The ability to work in a safe manner and follow company safety procedures and protocols.
- The ability to champion beer in the restaurant amongst staff and guests.
- The ability execute beer related events inside and outside of the restaurant.
- A proven track record of executing and managing a high quality, efficient brewery operations with no serious deficiencies, to consistently meet department deliverables.
- Comprehensive knowledge of brewery processes, recipe formulation and ingredients and the ability to troubleshoot basic quality issues.
- A comprehensive understanding of brewery equipment including maintenance and troubleshooting.
- The ability to manage and control the Brewery P&L and budget.
- The ability to write and execute the Brewery production schedule.
- The ability to coordinate and communicate with restaurant team and Senior Head Brewer.
- A proven track record of engaging guests in the restaurant.
- The proven ability to educate and excite employees about our beer.
- A proven track record on safety and knowledge of our procedures.
- The ability to train employees on execution of the operations of the Brewery.
- Preference for having completed the IHB Head Brewer Training Program and/or 5+ years of brewing and leadership experience in a brewery management role.
This individual will split their time between both the Buckhead and Dunwoody locations.
We’ve got a flight of benefits to brewing a career with us:
- Great Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision
- Free Primary Care for All Employees via 98point6
- Paid Time Off
- Quarterly Comp Card
- Discounts on Food and Beer
- Healthy Employee Shift Meals
- Free Homebrewing Supplies
- Employee Recognition
- Growth and Development Opportunities
- Opportunities to Support Your Local Community
About Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant:
Named after the historic Revolutionary War landmark in Delaware, where General George Washington battled the British, Iron Hill is among the most enduringly successful craft brewers in the United States, with over 25 years of award-winning recognition at national and international competitions.
Founded by home brewers Kevin Finn, Mark Edelson and restaurateur Kevin Davies in Newark, DE in 1996, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant has blossomed from one restaurant and brewery to 21 locations up and down the East Coast, including Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Georgia and South Carolina. Each brewery/restaurant has its own scratch kitchen and craft brewery, allowing individual chefs and brewers the creativity to pair the freshest ingredients with the highest quality grains and hops. For 27 years, Iron Hill has incorporated beer in everything we do. Each individual location has its own head brewer. Each location dedicates itself to the freshest ingredients and friendly atmosphere for all age groups – helping change overall perceptions about brewpubs one meal, one pint, one community at a time.
Iron Hill Brewery provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Iron Hill Brewery is an E-Verify® registered Employer.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security