As a Lead Brewer, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure continuous operation of process equipment through active operator management, process monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Audit operator performance to ensure quality inspection of product are being completed per the SOPs
- Audit documentation to ensure it is completed which certifies completion of inventory checks, quality inspections, sanitation requirements, batch and blending production following SOP’s, and basic maintenance tasks.
- Complete daily and weekly tasks using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure sustained and repeatable quality and overall performance results.
- Fill-in for Brewing Operators during vacations or other such absences when needed.
- Ensure cross-training of team members, improve use of all available resources, and overall team proficiency.
- Drive preventative and routine operator maintenance program including operator checks and lubrication of machinery and equipment.
- Lead by example and drive all Plant and Safety policies and procedures within the Brewery, including wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as well as adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Ensure team members are accountable to same.
- Actively mentor, coach, and hold accountable brewing operators as it relates to safety, quality, productivity, continuous improvement and team harmony.
- Successfully communicate job knowledge and process changes to the operations team members and management through various forms of daily communication (shift handover meeting, daily production meetings, email, action logs, work orders, etc.).
- Effective escalation measures taken for safety, equipment and/or personnel issues for immediate resolution.
Qualified candidates will have:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Associates degree, certification or higher within in a technical field preferred
- 2+ years of supervisory / leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of Brewing/beverage experience in a production setting
- Forklift experience a plus (certification not required)