Brewer / Cellar Person
Lone Pine Brewing Company is looking for a qualified Brewer / Cellar Person to join our production team. Experience in the brewing industry is preferred. Candidates must have excellent attention to detail, meticulous record keeping skills, and a team-first mentality to oversee all aspects of beer production from grain to brite tank. This position will work throughout our brewing and cellar operations. Primary duties will be running a 20 bbl brew system, tank cleaning and sanitization, monitoring of beer in process, beer transfers and centrifuge operations, recording keeping and reporting, and ensuring a safe work environment.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Brewhouse standard operating procedures
- Cellar standard operating procedures
- Constant cleaning and sanitization.
- Yeast management, dry hopping / adjunct additions, centrifugation (Alfa Laval Brew 80), carbonation, CIP, cleaning and sanitization, sanitary beer transfer.
- Documentation: Accurate documentation of all brewing and cellar practices.
- Safety: Maintain a clean, safe work environment. Safe use chemicals, adherence to Lone Pine’s safety protocols, and proper use of PPE.
- Communication: Clear and timely communication with all co-workers and supervisors.
- Operation of ladders, forklifts, and scissor lifts, after on-site training or certification.
This is a physically demanding position requiring the candidate to stand, kneel, crouch, climb stairs, and use hands for intricate tasks. Ability to navigate in small, awkward, close quarters and effectively communicate and avoid hazards is imperative. Must be able to be on their feet for 8-10 hour shifts and frequently lift 55 lbs of general materials to shoulder-height.
Lone Pine offers a variety of health and medical benefits available to eligible positions starting the first of the month after hire. For this position Lone Pine pays for 60% of the cost of medical insurance (HMO and PPO plans available in the silver and gold plan categories), 100% of the cost of dental and vision plans, and provides life insurance, short term disability and long term disability coverage at no cost. Paid time off and sick time accrued monthly. Generous boots and PPE stipend available.
Schedule: Brewing and Cellar shifts are assigned weekly and may include four 10 hour shifts or eight 5 hours shifts. Hours vary from 6am to 12pm Monday – Saturday.
Hourly Rate: $17 – $22 hour starting rate, depending on experience. Opportunity for pay increases over time. This is a full time, non-exempt hourly position.
Location: 48 Sanford Drive Gorham, ME 04038
Lone Pine Brewing Company encourages diversity and individuality. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to supporting a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Lone Pine are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, age, or family or parental status.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, professional references, and possible start date to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!