Package Team Member
The Package Team Member, under general supervision of the Package Team Lead, performs basic operation of assigned packaging equipment, machine(s), and related computer systems. Overall, the work is of a repetitive nature and involves one product line at a time. This position is accountable to ensure finished products meet Bosque Brewing Co. exceptional quality of our world-class beverages all while upholding Bosque Brewing values.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastically represent the Bosque Brewing Co. brand by engaging in positive gestures of respect, courtesy and kindness to internal and external guests consistent with Bosque Brewing Co. values and expectations.
- Display a sense of urgency and attention to detail by anticipating the departments’ needs and responding appropriately.
- Assist in the setup, breakdown, and cleaning of the packaging line, including palletize/pack and depalletize/stage cans, kegs, labels, cartons, PakTechs, case boxes, and other assorted materials used to package product(s).
- Ensure continuous flow of product and monitor packaging line for proper positioning, spacing, sealing, standards of quality, boxing, and correct codes/labels. Seek appropriate resources as needed to correct and prevent issues in a timely manner.
- Perform visual inspection for any defects and rework or discard defective products based on procedures.
- Setup, calibrate, and perform minor maintenance to the packaging equipment.
- Complete required paperwork, logs, and computer systems for inventory accuracy.
- Operate keg washer/filler to clean, evaluate, and fill kegs when needed.
- Operate, inspect, and maintain equipment, forklift, and vehicle(s) in a manner that is consistent with all applicable State and Federal law and safety policies.
- Complete required paperwork, logs, and computer systems (Ekos, Barrel ERP) for inventory accuracy.
- Assist the company in providing the highest level of health and safety in the workplace and helping to identify areas needing improvement. Investigates, reviews and controls implementation of safety regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean working area by performing general sanitation of the equipment. Perform thorough deep cleaning or special projects deemed necessary on an as needed basis.
- Maintain a heightened awareness of safety precautions and hazards for self and others at all times.
- Ensure communication is passed across the organization from the CPO and administrative team to every coworker in the brewery.
- May assist management in developing and maintaining functional procedures, work instructions, and training checklists related to position duties.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Support coworkers and departments with tasks and project-based work. Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High school Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience is required. Prior experience in a production environment is highly preferred.
- Ability to operate a Forklift, Electric Pallet Jack, and hand truck to move kegs and packaged products
- Knowledge of safety procedures while performing product handling tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, multiple tasks, and changing conditions. The ability to think on your feet and adapt, flexibility is key.
- Ability to interact professionally, with civility, and effectively with coworkers and the general public. Must possess solid interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines without direct supervision.
- Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills. Ability to track inventory and perform basic data entry with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems with good reasoning capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English) with the ability to effectively listen to and understand others. Ability to interpret and act on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to present self in a professional, pleasant, and well-groomed manner.
- Ability to move kegs and operate a hand truck.
- Ability to work safely with chemicals in a fast paced wet/hot/cold/noisy environment.
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to adhere to company and department rules, policies and procedures.
Physical Demands / Work Environment & Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job: the employee is continuously (90-100%) required to: balance, stand, and walk; use repetitive motion of hands to reach, grasp, hold, handle, or feel; use repetitive motion of fingers to pick, pinch, and type; push, pull, and lift up to 165 pounds of force to move objects; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of people, facilities, and equipment.
The employee is frequently (60-90%) required to: read data; climb using step-stools; stoop or crouch; reach use hand-eye coordination.
The employee is occasionally (30-60%) required to: climb using ladders; sit; push, pull, and lift up to 200 pounds of force, with assistance, to move objects. Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
The employee is subject to both environmental conditions; inside and outside. The employee is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause an employee to speak loudly in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
The employee may be regularly exposed to airborne particles, odors/fumes, moving mechanical parts and vibration while actively performing maintenance and/or repairs.