Cellarperson & Quality Technician
Position Title: Cellarperson and Packaging Technician
Position Summary: A highly motivated, dedicated, and focused individual who takes pride in the quality of the product that they help produce and is confident in their ability to process and package beer in a fast-paced environment, while adhering to Dru Bru’s standard operating procedures.
About Dru Bru: Dru Bru has been making and serving beers in the mountains since 2014. With two family friendly taproom locations, our award winning German style beers, housemade sodas and ciders have created a hub for outdoor enthusiasts, beer lovers, and mountain dwellers. Located in Snoqualmie Pass and Cle Elum, we pride ourselves on being Mountain Made and celebrate the moments that bring us all together.
- Work in the cellar and report directly to the Production Manager when issues arise. Tasks include, but are not limited to;
- Fermentation monitoring
- Dry hopping
- Harvesting yeast and biofining
- Performing transfers to brite tanks
- Performing CIPs of dirty tanks
- Carbonate finished beer, and ensuring carb levels are in spec prior to packaging
- Check and record DO levels in finished beer using a Beverly DO meter.
- Execute and/or oversee kegging runs in conformance with kegging SOPs
- Manage supply of empty keg shells including keg cleaning operations
- Monitor kegging material supply (including collars, caps, etc) to maintain stock
- Work on a Cask ACSv5 in-line 6-headed filler canning line
- Monitor packaging materials, informing the Production Manager when supplies are running low
- Perform daily CIPs on the canning line.
- Ensure weights and seams are in spec throughout canning runs.
- Perform routine maintenance on the canning line and actively problem solve issues on the line that may arise.
- Perform Brewery Upkeep and Maintenance tasks
- Clean and sanitize all dirty yeast brinks
- Replenish chemical containers from large drums and clean chemical containment bins
- Performing regular calibrations on various devices around the brewery (DO meter, Zahm, etc)
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability: the individual adapts to changes in the work environment as well as delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability: Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a production brewery.
- Experience operating a canning line.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to multitask, prioritize and adapt to changing situations.
- Reporting: Maintain accurate notes.
- Lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder high.
- Lift 110 lbs. from ground to waist high and move 150 lbs. along the floor.
- Work safely with chemicals with reasonable safety accommodations.
- Work in loud environment with basic safety accommodation
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan
- Merch & food discounts, and free shift beer
- Continuing Education & Wellness Stipend
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance (employee is responsible for 25%)
- 20 days of Paid Time Off
- 4 team bonding days a year
- Production Stipend
- And more!
Starting Wage: $16.50-$25.00