WHO WE ARE
Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) is a top 10 regional craft alcohol company in the US, made up of 5 long standing, successful craft brands. Currently we’re made up of four breweries (Victory Brewing, Bold Rock, Sixpoint, Southern Tier Brewing) and one distillery (Southern Tier Distilling). We have locations in 5 states (NY, PA, OH, VA, NC) including taprooms, production facilities and our corporate headquarters.
WHAT WE DO
Victory Brewing Company (VBC) is a committed, industry leader who over the last 25 years, has grown to be a world-renowned craft brewery, and the second largest craft brand family in our home state of Pennsylvania.
We find people looking to bring their experience, enthusiasm & desire to work with others to a fun, rewarding place to work as we continue to produce industry changing craft beer. We have growing, empowered and trusted teams in Downingtown, Kennett Square, Parkesburg and Philadelphia.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Duties include performing daily production functions in the brewhouse, cellar, and packaging required to meet daily production goals. The Production Brewer position is focused on brewhouse or cellar operations. Brewers have the potential to rotate through these departments. The scope of job duties includes but is not limited to wort production, cellar work, filtration, CIP, and cleaning.
Reports to: Brewing Supervisor
- Maintain proficiency in at least two of the following production areas: brewhouse, cellar, and/or packaging. The ability to function effectively in all three areas is considered a plus for the employee.
- Work week is based on a 40+ hour schedule and a 24-hour 7 day per week operating plan. Due to production needs, overtime may be required.
- Ability to work a flexible rotating shift schedule is a requirement. Actual shift schedule will be determined jointly with brewers and management to meet our business needs.
- Load raw materials and process aids in the product at various production stages.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and safe work area.
- Set up hoses, fittings, and clamps as required for production and cleaning operations.
- Perform production operations, CIP’s, and sanitation practices with strict adherence to SOP’s set forth in training.
- Perform basic maintenance task on pumps, valves, tanks, and process equipment.
- Extensive work with and through automation a core part of the Brewer role including interpreting and troubleshooting.
- Embrace a process of and opportunities for continual improvement.
- Conformance to all area LOTO and safety procedures, including wearing of PPE and reporting any safety hazards.
- Report safety incidents immediately to the shift supervisor or designate.
- Responsible for daily operation of packaging lines- either kegging, bottling, or canning line fillers, cleaning equipment and perform in accordance with SOPs and specifications.
- Keeping the lines running, e.g. keeps bottle filler/labeler in production and providing direction/support for the packaging assistants assigned to the line.
- Loading of packaging material, clearing jams, resetting faults.
- Basic changeovers for different container size and formats
- Perform line quality checks and escalate deviations from expected results.
- Maintaining area GMP’s.
- Complete basic preventative maintenance (e.g. lubrication, observation, etc.) and enter corrective work order requests into eMaint (CMMS).
- Manually (palletizing) stacking filled can cases onto pallets.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Brewer should be safety and quality focused in all work activities
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 1-3 years of food or beverage operations experience or similar related experience. Brewing, Packaging, and/or supervisory experience is a plus.
- Candidate must have good computer skills and be proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to smoothly handle multiple demands and rapid change
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision
- Skilled in thinking critically and problem solving
- Willingness to fill in other job duties as necessary
- Physical Requirements – Candidate should be able to lift at least 30 lbs. from ground level and should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another. Physically capable of standing for long periods of time and able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
- Alcohol Responsibility – The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. They are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the company or its affiliates. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action up to and including termination
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation
- Exceptional Health Benefits
- Flexible Schedules & Paid Time Off
- Incentives & Bonuses
- Generous Product Discounts
- Opportunities for Growth Across 5 Successful Brands
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer