Brewery Materials and Flavoring Specialist
Full Sail Brewing Company was an early pioneer in the craft brewing scene, founded in 1987 in the heart of downtown Hood River, Oregon. As the beer industry has continued to evolve over the years, Full Sail has stayed ahead of the curve, looking for ways to lead and innovate in the beverage industry. We now have over 35 years of brewing and beverage manufacturing experience and nearly two decades of experience working with local, regional and multinational brands to help bring the finest quality beverages to market. We are proud to be an independent brewery and beverage manufacturer with decades of knowledge, experience and deep roots in our local community.
About the position:
As the Brewing Materials and Flavoring Specialist, you will support the Brewing team in the planning, staging and inventory management of raw ingredients for beer and beverage production as well as the flavoring of seltzer and other products as needed. This role involves forklift driving, physical labor (heavy lifting) and desk/computer work. You will succeed in this role if you have a strong work ethic, work well as part of a team, demonstrate attention to detail and get excited about opportunities to improve and grow.
This is a full-time, onsite position with an anticipated work schedule of 12pm to 10:30pm Mon Thurs, with the flexibility to be available outside of that if the business/production need arises.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow brewery SOPs and all safety policies.
- Assist with the receiving, transfer and inventory of raw material orders.
- Read brewing recipes and convert units of measure for ingredient batching.
- Batch and stage ingredients for use by Brewing team.
- Work with Brewing Ops Manager and Warehouse Manager to maintain up to date Lot tracking and first in first out (FIFO) procedures.
- Maintain ingredient inventory in the ERP system, ensuring accurate quantities and records.
- Flavor seltzer and other products when needed.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Able to lift 55lbs several times a day, work in hot and cold environments and spend long hours on your feet.
- Able to drive a forklift and observe company policies associated with forklift operation.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office (Particularly Excel).
- Basic math skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Database or prior ERP experience is a plus.
What we offer:
- 85% Employer-paid Medical and Dental benefits. Excellent plan offerings.
- 401k with company match.
- Employer paid Accident, Disability and Life Insurance.
- Company Paid Time Off- 140 hours annually, approx. 3.5 weeks
- Company Paid Holidays- currently 7 annual paid holidays.
- Free case of beer twice a month for employees 21+
- Food discounts in the Full Sail Pub for employees and their guests.