Cellar Person and Assistant Brewer
Position Summary: Monitoring beer health, quality, and fermentation performance. Assisting on the ‘cold side’ of production. Packaging beer in a variety of different packaging types. Assisting the brew team in the wort production activities.
About Dru Bru: Dru Bru has been making and serving beers in the mountains since 2014. With two family friendly taproom locations, our award winning German style beers, housemade sodas and ciders have created a hub for outdoor enthusiasts, beer lovers, and mountain dwellers. Located in Snoqualmie Pass and Cle Elum, we pride ourselves on being Mountain Made and celebrate the moments that bring us all together.
Perform Cellar and Beer Processing Work
- Transfer product from FVs to BTs
- Carbonate product and test C02 levels using Zahm instrument
- Test DO levels in product using Beverly DO Meter
- Keg product as outlined in production task list
- Assist and operate on Cask ACSv5 in-line 6-headed filler
- CIP Dirty tanks
- Take gravities and pH readings on all fermenting beers and enter in Ekos and the fermentation data app
- Monitor tanks, performing cold crashing, and ensuring proper pressure is left in the tanks
- Harvest yeast, Bio-Fine and dry-hop beers as outlined in the production calendar
- Wash 1/6 BBL and ½ BBL kegs with Semi-Automatic Keg washer
- Clean outside of kegs and Sankey couplings (including drying) on tops of kegs
- Palletize and organize clean/dirty kegs
Perform Brewery Upkeep and Maintenance tasks
- Clean and sanitize all dirty yeast brinks
- Replenish chemical containers from large drums and clean chemical containment bins
- Fill and heat HLT, and blow down the boiler on a daily basis.
- Dump, clean, and refill sanitizer spray bottles
- Clean and re-fill fermentation blow-off buckets as needed and washdown brewery floor
- Spray down and clean brewery floors, tank exteriors, and nooks and crannies within the production space. The following should be cleaned at least once per month, rotate weekly to spread workload throughout the month- Brewhouse exterior, Fermenter and Brite Tank exteriors, Brewery floor underneath brewhouse, behind all vessels (floors and walls) and behind boiler & Walk-In floor, walls, and ceiling
- Clean spent grain bin area outside, hose down and scrub to rid area of grain messes
Miscellaneous Production Assistance
- Craft root beer and water kegs. Ensure adequate supply for the taproom.
- Monitor stock of a variety of different things in the brewery and inform the Production Manager when we are running low; gaskets, tri clamps, PBW, labels, chemicals, keg caps and collars, and printer paper for the keg collars
Wort Production Assistance
- Assisting with milling in each day’s beer as outlined by the production schedule.
- Measuring and pouring out appropriate weights of hops
- Monitoring the worth through different transfer procedures (run to kettle and knockout)
- Taking final metrics (DO levels, gravities, and volumes) on the wort prior to pitching yeast
- Pitching yeast
- Rinsing and cleaning out the mash tun and kettle at the end of brew days.
- Restocking of brewing supplies (salts, enzymes, etc.)
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a production brewery
- Experience operating a canning line
- A strong work ethic and the ability to multitask, prioritize and adapt to changing situations
- Reporting: Maintain accurate notes
- Lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder high
- Lift 110 lbs. from ground to waist high and move 150 lbs. along the floor
- Work safely with chemicals with reasonable safety accommodations
- Work in loud environment with basic safety accommodation
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan
- Merch & food discounts, and free shift beer
- Continuing Education & Wellness Stipend
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance (employee is responsible for 25%)
- 20 days of Paid Time Off
- 4 team bonding days a year
- Production Stipend
- And more!