The role of Key Manager is to lead by example with positivity, professionalism and profitability as part of the management team on an as needed basis. This position is expected to ensure that employees adhere to company policies and procedures and should be visible and available to employees at all times. The Key Manager is expected to provide exemplary guest service, manage performance, schedules, document or verbally give corrective actions, place orders for product, make management level decisions, determine labor cost or send employees home when necessary. This position will have responsibility for restaurant keys, monies and the vault.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Must be ServSafe Alcohol Certified
- Minimum of one year high-level restaurant management experience preferred.
- This position is implemented as a probationary training position. Probationary training period will be under direct supervision of GM. Probationary period will be from 90 days.
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Must exhibit professionalism, positivity and be able to execute profitability.
- Must have leadership skills and promote progressive thinking and problem solving.
- Self-discipline, initiative, outgoing, pleasant, polite manner, and neat/clean appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of rules and regulations regarding Health, Safety, Sanitation and Emergency procedures is required.
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word and Excel) is preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English well enough for effective communication with staff and guests.
- Must be free of communicable disease that can be readily transmitted in the workplace
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and criminal background check.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States and provide proof upon hire.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Upholds the Company’s mission and core values of HEART: Humility; Excellence; Accountability; Respect and Teamwork.
- Ensure discretion with confidential information.
- Maintains courteous, helpful and professional behavior on the job.
- Will support the success of the entire team by promoting a collaborative work environment.
- Adheres to all Colorado Mountain Brewery Policies and Procedures, Colorado Mountain Brewery Safety Policies and Procedures and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Consistently contributes to problem-solving and cooperates with identified resolutions.
- Brings issues and process improvement ideas to the attention of the Supervisor.
- Maintains verbal, written and culinary skills required for the position.
- Attends meetings and participates as required.
- Completes training as required for position.
- Demonstrates appropriate level of time management in support of co-workers and the entire team.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS:
- Oversee and manage all areas of the daily restaurant operations and make general decisions on matters of importance with the Management Team & General Manager.
- Assist in oversight of all facility needs, grounds needs and maintenance needs on a daily basis; bring issues of concern to Management Team & General Manager. This should be done daily with walk around of facility.
- Increase sales by taking care of guests and manage labor by taking care of employees.
- Conduct table visits, be sincere and ask guests specific questions to gain honest feedback from the customer perspective.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service, notify General Manager of complaints and put systems in place to address issues or concerns.
- Set goals and implement processes that support the success of the restaurant. Track and follow through of goals with GM.
- Ensures consistent high quality of food handling and service
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniform, and appearance standards.
- Oversees training of staff according to ServSafe criteria and ensure restaurant is following ServSafe guidelines.
- Ensures a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk on injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured. Report all safety concerns within 24 hours to General Manager, HR and Director of Operations using the CMB reporting process.
- Provide direction to employees including administering corrective actions and supporting with performance reviews.
- Other duties as requested/assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Requirements - Requires full range of body motion, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination; requires the ability to use department equipment, to communicate effectively; requires standing (possibly for long periods of time), walking, sitting and performing repetitive tasks for up to the entire work day. Requires the ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds using appropriate body mechanics.
- Visual, Hearing and Communication Requirements - Requires corrected vision and hearing to within normal range, with or without reasonable accommodation. Must be able to communicate effectively in verbal and written form with all levels of personnel within and outside of the organization.
- Pressure Factor - Requires working under stressful conditions. Moderate pressure to meet scheduled and recurring deadlines.
- Environmental Conditions – Work space may be shared. Working conditions may be noisy with fluctuating indoor temperatures. May be exposed to a risk of bodily injury through contact with moving instrumentation, substances and other conditions common to a kitchen/restaurant environment. Subject to unpleasant odors.