The FOH Manager position is a leadership position at Taxman and responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the gastropub, working as a floor manager, and completing closing duties as scheduled. The FOH Manager is responsible for working with the General Manager to assist in planning, directing and overseeing all in house operations of the gastropub, ensuring service standards and customer expectations are met, and assisting with staff training and discipline. This position will assist the General Manger with ordering and inventory management. The FOH Manager requires someone with tremendous organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Management Duties: The FOH Manager is responsible for ensuring that opening and closing duties are completed, a clean and organized restaurant is presented to guests, that customers receive outstanding service, and managing customer complaints. He or she will work with the General Manager in ensuring that FOH staff adhere to the steps of service, staff are properly trained and prepared, and the restaurant stays in clean and in good repair from a maintenance perspective.
- Disciplinary Actions: The FOH Manager is responsible for the enforcement of company policies and has the power to write-up underperforming staff and make termination recommendations to the General Manager. The FOH Manager must ensure all disciplinary actions are properly recorded and included in staff personnel files.
- Staffing: The FOH Manager is responsible for communicating staffing needs to the General Manager to ensure all shifts are adequately staffed. This position is responsible for making recommendations to the General Manager as it relates to staff, assisting with interviews and hiring, and proactively seeking out new hires for open shifts.
- Inventory: The FOH Manager is responsible for assisting with inventory counts and reconciling them through the weekly inventory spreadsheet for the General Manager to review.
- Supply Ordering: The FOH Manager is responsible for assisting with weekly beer, alcohol, merchandise, and supply ordering as needed to keep stocked for expected business.
Key Evaluation Metrics:
- Food and beverage sales must meet or exceed projections
- Food and beverage costs must be in line with budget
- Opening and closing duties must be complete and accurate
- Social media posts should be published timely each shift
- Labor costs should be monitored and appropriate cuts made each shift
- Responses to email inquiries must be timely and professional
- Reservation requests must be responded to and managed daily
- Inventory should be completed and reviewed on a weekly basis
Availability: Monday to Friday, Weekend availability
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance