Tasting Room Lead
Deschutes Brewery is currently hiring for a Tasting Room Lead at our Bend Tasting Room! The Tasting Room Lead is responsible for providing leadership and training to the Tasting Room team through the successful demonstration of our core values. Responsibilities will include opening and closing procedures, providing daily direction and instruction, and ensuring all team members are cultivating extraordinary experiences with our guests. The Tasting Room Lead may oversee or assist with the Brewery Tours program, which may include development of tours training, coordination of specialty tours, conducting beer tastings and other duties specific to the tours program.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively lead day to day activities of the Tasting Room team in collaboration with Tasting Room Manager
- Lead groups of people on tours of the facility, private tastings, and classes; develop and maintain tour guide manual
- Serve draft beer, sample trays, and packaged beer to guests in Tasting Room; utilize ongoing palate development to describe flavors and make recommendations; May prepare and serve food orders
- Plan and Facilitate Events in the Mountain Room and at The Beer Garden
- Order merchandise and process incoming inventory from the company webstore
- Oversee the Curbside Pick-up program, including order management and assistance with the Cellar Door Society
- Respond to general department email inquiries, Customer Reviews, and miscellaneous requests
- Facilitate a culture of collaboration with all existing team members as it pertains to workflows, daily schedules, cleaning regimens and social media presence.
- Contribute to improving workflows, efficiencies, and general operations of the Tasting Room and tours
- Provide daily guidance and coaching to co-owners to ensure operational efficiency and team effectiveness; support direct reports in reaching their professional goals
- Focus on safety to create a safe environment for all our co-owners and guests
- All other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in the Service Industry and/or Craft Beer Industry
- Valid OLCC (Oregon Liquor Control Commission) servers permit
- Valid Oregon Food Handlers or Serve Safe Permit within 30 days of hire
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Previous experience in managing Social Media preferred
- Experience in helping merchandise a retail business a plus
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact HR@deschutesbrewery.com to discuss your application.
To brew moments of joy and perpetuate a sense of belonging.