Brewer - Night Shift
Our Brewers at New Belgium Brewing plays a pivotal role. He/She is engaged in and responsible for the complete brewing process from the mixing and blending of raw materials (wort creation) to the final fermented product (bright beer). Processes responsible for include: Brewing, fermentation, maturation and filtration.
This is a Night Shift position with the hours of 6pm-6am, Thursday-Saturday and every other Wednesday. Our night shift Team also receives a $6.00 an hour shift differential between the hours of 6pm-6am.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Responsible for material addition per recipe (malt, hops, yeast etc…) and routinely monitors inventory levels.
- Monitors all process parameters: Sensory, flow rates and volumes, process times and temperatures, pH levels, density measures, and other parameter settings to complete the milling, mashing, lautering, wort boiling processes, cooling, yeast pitching, fermentation temperatures, clarity, microbiological stabilization, and bottle conditioning.
- Conducts cleaning procedures of pipes, valves, heat exchangers, flow meters, sensors, and vessels to ensure a clean and non-contaminated process.
- Conducts and ensures daily cleaning of all work areas within brewing (5S).
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting maintenance on process manufacturing equipment when scheduled or needed.
- Engages in quality assurance activities to ensure products meet quality assurance specifications and standards.
- Continually engaged in quality improvement projects and processes to improve the overall efficiency of the operation and products being produced.
- Adheres to OSHA and NBB safety regulations and practices to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Handles in a safe manner all chemicals used in brewing.
- Communicates effectively with all other areas regarding the status of the process flow and consistency.
Desired Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- High school diploma
- Professional brewing experience preferred
- Solid knowledge or aptitude to learn brewing science.
- Solid interpersonal skills and communication abilities.
- Basic knowledge and understanding in the areas of math, physics, chemistry, microbiology, computer skills and mechanical skills.
- Solid working knowledge of equipment with multiple logic functions and capabilities requiring specialized training.
- Plan own work and the work of others and lead work groups or teams.
- Interpret, understand policies and relate them to others.
- Adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Exercise initiative and judgment as well as make decisions within the scope of assigned authority.
- React to an anomaly by developing and executing contingency and alternate plans for resolving problems and communicate as needed to the appropriate personnel.
- Exercise initiative and judgment as well as make decisions with the scope of assigned authority.
- Interpret and understand policies and relate them to others.
- Read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, journals, technical procedures and/or government regulations as needed.
- A post offer/pre-hire assessment will be performed to insure the candidate can meet the physical requirements of the job:
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 56.5 lbs. and carry objects of this weight up to 100 feet.
- Ability to push/pull weights up to 50 lbs. and maintain the grip strength required to adjust valves, containers and hose nozzles.
- Ability to demonstrate their ability to climb, kneel, crawl, twist, squat and reach overhead.
- The position requires frequent, constant standing.
Wage information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is Bell’s and New Belgium's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, or other position-related reasons.
Starting Salary Range: $21.00
All Full time Coworkers at Bell’s and New Belgium enjoy the following benefits after one calendar month of employment: Medical & Dental Insurance (options available for dependents), Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, PTO, 401k Match, Paid Caregiver Leave, and Profit Sharing. Certain positions with ‘On Call’ responsibilities may be eligible for phone/data reimbursement. Details will be shared, and questions answered during our interview process.
Bell’s and New Belgium welcomes all. We are committed to building an environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive within our own walls and amidst the entire craft beer community.
Bell’s and New Belgium strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.