Director of Consumer Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job ID: 2021-01
Reports To: President & CEO
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Craft Beverage Alcohol innovator Cowbell Brewing Co. opened its doors in August 2017. It is Canada’s destination craft brewery and features an award-winning, state-of-the-art brewing facility, accessible, family-friendly restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating, beer garden, retail store, and entertainment spaces. Current product offerings include premium craft beer, cider and seltzers, apparel, barware, gift items, accessories, and a collection of Cowbell inspired food products, such as Shindig BBQ Sauce and Bobcat Red Pepper Jelly. Cowbell brands are available across Ontario through the LCBO, The Beer Store, licensees, grocery stores, Cowbell General Store and Online.
Cowbell Brewing Co., is looking for a hands-on, high-energy marketing professional who is passionate about creating world-class consumer products and experiences. As Director of Consumer Marketing, you will be a member of our senior leadership team and will report directly to our President & CEO. Thanks to our commitment to innovation in the core beer business, as well as expansion into the fast-growing Hard Cider and Ready-to-Serve segments, Cowbell is currently experiencing double-digit growth and has been dubbed Canada’s destination brewery. If you think Cowbell Brewing could be your destiny, we’d love to hear from you!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the President & CEO, the duties and responsibilities of the Director of Consumer Marketing include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to create awareness of the company’s products, services, and business activities.
- Grow market share by developing marketing plans and consumer programs for each product and service, with direct promotional support. Plan and execute campaigns for new product and service launches.
- Develop ideas and comprehensive implementation plans for promotional events supporting annual business plan.
- Responsible for producing valuable content for the company’s online presence, plus editorial and design of the company’s publications.
- Work closely with the Sales Team and other functional teammates to ensure alignment and continuity of strategy and plan execution.
- Work with the sales leader to develop pricing strategies to maximize profits and market share while balancing customer satisfaction.
- Conduct market research to keep abreast of trends and our competitors’ marketing movements. Studying economic indicators; tracking changes in supply and demand; identifying consumer markets and their current and future needs.
- Lead innovation and new product development by determining and evaluating current and future consumer and market trends.
- Provides short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
- Lead the marketing team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Develop marketing team by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities. Provide counseling, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Understand and develop budgets and financials, including expenditures, research and development appropriations, return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Become the organization’s agent towards external parties such as media, stakeholders and potential clients; build strategic partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Proven experience as a Consumer-Packaged Goods Marketing Director. Experience in the Beverage Alcohol industry is an asset.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills. Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Analytical thinking, with a high competence in project and stakeholder management. Strong attention to detail.
- Well-developed creative and strategic thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with digital, social media and content marketing. Up to date on current online marketing techniques and best practices.
- Thorough knowledge of web analytics (e.g., Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.) and Google Adwords.
- Consumer & Customer-oriented approach.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Business Administration, Marketing and Communications or relevant field.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
- Professional and proactive work ethic.
- Work normal business hours but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours;
- Required to spend long hours concentrating which will require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy;
- Looking at a computer screen for long periods of time, and;
- Required to meet a number of deadlines
HOW TO APPLY
- Please send your cover letter and resume directly to: email@example.com
- In the subject line, please cite the job title and Job ID
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cowbell Brewing Co. is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Cowbell Brewing Co. is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.