Impact Brewing – Production Operator - Job Description A production operator assists all departments of the production team to complete daily production schedules, quality checks and process improvements. This role needs to be flexible and proactive to the demands of the production team, filling in and helping wherever is needed.
Production Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist across all production departments to fulfil daily production demand dictated by the production schedule. Help build a team first culture with a cross training and quality first mindset
• Operates and maintains packaging equipment including but not limited to KHS filler, Switchback cartoner and tray erector, pasteurizer, lambrechts keg washer/filler.
• Performs tank cleaning and upkeep. Follows standardized cleaning procedures for fermenter and brite tanks. Records and tracks cleaning data alongside tanks status communication.
• Assists in the blending of mixed products through proper material handling and product specifications. Follows standardized procedures to ensure safety and quality controls are met throughout the production process.
• Operates and maintains Brewing equipment including but not limited to Braukon 50bbl automated brewhouse, Andritz separator, and various pumps and filters. As well as light analytical equipment including but not limited to pH meters, Anton Parr DMA, and titration equipment.
• Coordinates with QA/QC Department to ensure protocols are followed and relevant quality data is collected. Assists in implementation of new quality procedures and policies.
• Participant in product sensory, matrix teams and educational opportunities designed to promote personal development and growth while giving a platform to help shape the future of Impact’s production team.
• Communicates and plans with the Warehouse department for proper material coordination and logistics. Follows 5S and lean manufacturing practices for increased output, efficiency and organization throughout the beverage manufacturing process. • Ensures that proper sanitation/cleanliness is maintained in production work areas, including but not limited to canning line, kegging line, cellar tanks, brewing area and warehouse.
• Reports breakdowns and maintenance issues or concerns to the Director of Engineering and the maintenance team. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Effective, constructive, and efficient coordination, communication, and collaboration with all members of the Impact Brewing’s Staff, especially members of the Production Department • Cross-training/working in other areas of Impact Brewing production as needed • Working when and as needed to achieve production schedule goals
• Conducting oneself in a professional manner when representing Impact Brewing, whether inside or outside of the brewery. Physical Demands:
• Operate inside confined spaces • Ability to regularly lift, push, or pull up to 165 pounds
• Possess the manual dexterity to operate hand tools
• Execute repetitive motions for long periods when necessary (packaging, etc.)
• Required to stand, crouch, lift and climb ladders • Work at height • Wear appropriate PPE for a given task Other Requirements: • Ability to operate heavy equipment in a safe manner, including but not limited to: • Power Lifter • Pallet Jacks (Manual and Powered) • Fork Truck • Scissor Lift Disclaimer: All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.