Summit Brewing Company is seeking dedicated part-time Hospitality Assistants to join the Hospitality Team to serve and support the Summit Ratskeller beer hall, Gift Shop and the Training Room on-site spaces while creating a fun and welcoming environment for all guests.
This front-facing, fast-paced role requires a versatile hospitality skill set that incorporates guest engagement and education, in-depth knowledge of the Summit story and products, bartending and bar maintenance, retail sales and interactions, public speaking, and a passion to learn and talk about beer. In this position, one will be a representative of Summit while they serve and educate guests and customers, support and serve community-based events, industry groups and internal functions in Summit’s on-site spaces.
The Hospitality Team is an integral part of the Summit family and adheres to a standard of quality that matches the high quality of our beer.
This position is a part-time, non-exempt position.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OUTCOMES:
- Front line representation of the Summit Brewing Company brand and standards of quality to guests of the brewery with enthusiasm and passion.
- Build an in-depth, on-going knowledge of the Summit story and products that can be passed on to our guests.
- Maintain cleanliness of Ratskeller, outdoor spaces, gift shop, training room bar and restrooms.
- Communicate issues and offer honest, constructive feedback to Hospitality Management.
- Handle cash and credit card transactions via POS, including accurate opening/closing procedures.
- Deliver informative and entertaining tours for groups up to 50 guests, including tours for public audiences, industry groups and Summit’s retail and distribution partners.
- Provide on-site hospitality including set up, beer service, AV support and other tasks as assigned for industry and other groups hosted in our Training Room and Ratskeller.
- Learn and execute proper, efficient beer pouring techniques during tours, public hours and events.
- Provide an exceptional in-store experience for gift shop customers.
- Adherence to Summit brand standards and policies as outlined in the employee handbook to maintain a safe and welcoming work environment.
- Adhere to TIPS policies on safe serving of alcohol.
- General administrative functions and duties.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- In depth knowledge and/or willingness to learn about Summit Brewing Company, brewing and packaging processes, and beer styles and characteristics.
- TIPS alcohol awareness certification (training provided by Summit).
- Experience and passion for hospitality and customer service; prior service and brewing industry experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and basic computer/audiovisual skills to assist in administrative tasks as needed and to troubleshoot basic AV needs during events.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated time management and multitasking skills.
- Perceptive skills to anticipate the needs of guests to provide quality customer service and overall experience that matches the quality of our beer.
- Public speaking experience required.
- Availability to include minimum two weekday shifts and mandatory weekend availability. This position includes regular Ratskeller beer hall public hours, as well as private and internal special events, so flexibility is important. Must adhere to scheduled shifts or arrange coverage. Minimum commitment of 16 hours per week but may be scheduled up to 29 hours as needed.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Able to stand for the length of work shift, up to eight hours.
- Able to work in conditions typical of an office, and quiet to moderately loud environments, as well as conditions typical of a manufacturing environment (cool, warm, or hot, humid or wet, etc.), and moderate to loud environments.
- Able to frequently push, pull, lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds safely above waist-level and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or move objects up to 160 pounds.
- Able to maintain an efficient, high-energy pace behind bar during long stretches of high traffic and multi-tasking.
Pay Rate: $18/hour, this is a non-tipped position
Benefits Eligibility: 401(k) with generous employer match, and other perks and benefits.
The duties of this position may evolve and change over time. Summit reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Your application has been successfully submitted.