Assistant Brewer/Cellar Person
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting directly to the head brewer the assistant brewer will be responsible for producing beer on both the Production brewhouse, and pilot system. As well as producing seltzers, and other beverages as they come up in the future.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Producing wort on 30bbl 4 vessel brewhouse (milling, mashing, lautering, etc.)
• Transferring of wort to fermenters
• Brew test batches and one-off beers on the pilot system. Assist head brewer in developing new recipes, and products.
• Yeast management (harvesting, pitching and viabilities)
• Tank management (gravity checks, trub dumps and dry-hopping)
• CIP/Sanitization on all vessels (fermenters, heat exchanger, mash tun, kettle, and brite beer tanks)
• Troubleshooting, technical maintenance and quality assurance
•Logging of all brewing related notes from brew day through fermentation, finishing, and packaging in EKOS• Operate the centrifuge for beer clarification (inline carbonation)
•Able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
• Assist with packaging and any other brewery task that is needed.
• Forklift operator (Don’t have to be currently certified, we can arrange that)
•Performs other related duties as required or assigned
• Experience working in a production brewery of 5000 bbls a year or larger is preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge and comprehension of the brewing fundamentals and processes with the propensity to continual develop of one’s own knowledge about beer and brewing
• Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards
• Degree NOT required
• Requires a strong attention to detail, the ability to manage one's self, work in an efficient manner and interact with other team members effectively and professionally.
• Be comfortable climbing ladders or riding scissor lift to heights around 20ft.
• Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work overtime. Night and weekend work when needed.
• 21 years of age or older
• Requires the ability to work in a fast paced, wet, loud production environment on one’s feet for most of the day and repeatedly lift 55lbs.
To apply email resume to TJ@FMBrew.com
The Best Beer You Will Ever Drink. In A parking Lot.